graphix

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The blog evolution

I have been blogging for more than a year now. At first when I heard about people blogging, I did not know what it was or what it meant. Then with the help of a friend, Denzil and I started a blog. It felt great. We had an online diary where we could scrap out our minds and the world could read. It was a medium for us to communicate our thoughts to the world.

When I was a kid, I read people used to maintain personal diaries. These diaries were "personal" in the true sense. Nobody was allowed or supposed to read these diaries. Then came the Web log, popularly known as the blog.

Blogging is considered to be a diary on the Web, similar to the personal diaries that people maintained. But the diary is no longer personal. People can now read through other’s blog and even comment on them. People now have a medium to speak their minds and let the world know about their thoughts. I consider a blog as a medium to being social. Blogs have helped so many people connect, thoughts have been exchanged, ideas are born, discussions take place, and friends are made. Like-minded people often form a blogging community where people exchanges ideas and thoughts. I love the concept of a blog.

Now the latest buzz is a video log or a vlog as the net-savvy people would call it. People have started sharing video clips of their lives with the world. I am strongly against vlogs. Why would people want the world to see what’s going on in their world. We as it is have plenty of reality shows on TV. Reality shows where personal lives of people are broadcasted to the world. Why would anyone be interested in the personal lives of strangers? I like my privacy and cherish my personal life. People, who need to know about it, know about it. The rest of the world can and should please stay out of it.

What’s next? Live logs? Where the lives of strangers are streamed live on the net?? People are going to miss their private lives. It reminds me of the new HP marketing campaign, “The computer is personal again.” I wonder how.. "Life is no longer personal"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the concept of the blog too...the best way frds can stay in touch.
i didnt know bout this video blog thing though.

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Cedric Dias said...

Blogs have truly brought the poetic side in me.

1:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home