graphix

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hi all...

I am yet another commoner smitten by this bug called 'blogging'. Me a 23 year old guy from Mumbai, India. I am a computer engineer who graduated from Mumbai university in the year 2004.

I dedicate this post to some of my very good friends I made at Lionbridge Technologies.... We are..sorry were.. a group of 10 guys and gals who joined Lionbrodge at around the same time...
I vividly remember meeting Nishant, Minal, Shweta, and Sapna when I was called in for the interview. I remember Minal goig blah, blah, and blah about something I don't exactly remember... Shweta and Sapna were quite... Shwetha says I was also blabbering (I don't reemember this though)... I never thought this small meeting would lead me to a life long friendship...

I joined Lionbridge a month later. The first day I joined, 11th October 2004, David joined with me. David was a fresher like me.. My first impression about David was wrong... I expected David to be a very quite guy.. But... (Alas) I was wrong... (The only time I remember he was quite was when Nisha said something to him when Shweta, Dave, and I were having food.) Jinesh too joined on the same day as I did. We were alloted our workstations. Dave got a seat next to Nishant... This is how i got introduced to Nishant... Nishant is a very cute, chubby looking guy with a great sense of humour...

A few days later, I remember talking to Sapna...( We had a common friend, Bhakti)... Sapna then introduced me to Minal... Dave and me got to know Sahil and Pradeep through Nishant... Anu, as usual, introduced himself to us in his unique manner (Hi. I am Anurag from Obra.) .. He used to do this with every newcomer..He believes in making all new comers feel at home...

Till now, we didn't know each other all that well... 4th January.. (am sorry if I'm wrong.. I just can't remember dates) Shweta's b'day changed it all... Nishant's b'day was on the 2nd... Shweta and nishant decided to treat us all together... this small treat on mezzanine flooring of Juicy Stuff led the path to our friendship...

After this treat, we have had several other treats, outings,and movies... Though a lot of convincing takes place before every plan... we manage to make a few of it atleast...

Today, we are just 4 of us who are still together at Lionbridge... Shweta also will be leaving us this friday... So, next week, its gonna be only Dave, Jo, and me at Lionbridge... Just the two of us (Dave and me) pondering over our lunch boxes... I fear even thinking of those days... Neways...Life has to move on....
I wish you all the very best in life wherever you are....

I remember 'Dot' asking how I was at forming friends during my interview... I had answered saying that I don't easily mix with people but once I get to know people I do get along well... She replied saying that it was very difficult to make good friends at work.... and I had agreed with her.... But I thank you all for proving 'Dot' and me wrong....Thanks for being such wonderful friends...

3 Comments:

Blogger Tarun said...

Hi...

Was bored yesterday evening... had nothing to do... thought of this...

Pls do leave in yr comments whenever u guys visit this...

thnx...

10:48 AM

 
Blogger David Antony said...

yeah, SWAY-DHAA is right! ain't she guys? So frm nxt time onwds, we'll observe two minutes silence on the EVENTFUL DAY- 4th of Jan! ..we'll all MISS each other....thts TRUE...and this blog proves one thing.....apart frm being a cassanova tarun's a good writer too and tht he knows well to present his emotions emotionally.....Gyan frm me..."It's not the number of friends you have that ever counts/it's the number of friends you can COUNT ON/ so, even if you have FRieNds very few/ Be to them forever TRUE .....

10:44 PM

 
Blogger DenziL said...

Yeh to hadh go gayi yaar!!!!

Another blog star???? Cool post.... even the name of the blog is impressive... "pages from my book called life".... Half of them are xeroxed.... Many are blank... Some are torn... just jokin.. ;)

But I have only query after reading the post....
Who is 'DOT'??? Should this be translated in our Matrabhasha "Hindi" ????

I could have written more.. But....

12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home